[parted-devel] Parted on GNU Hurd based systems

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 08:22:09 CET 2007

>> I thought the stronger type-checking was a plus. :-)

> It usually is.
> But if a goal of defining away the function is also to avoid
> using a type that'd be declared solely for one of its parameters,
> then you can argue that using #define is better.

Defining the dummy 'struct sigaction' has the added benefit of
removing the #ifdef..#endif from the following block:
static struct sigaction    sig_segv;
static struct sigaction    sig_int;
static struct sigaction    sig_fpe;
static struct sigaction    sig_ill;

I guess it also makes it clear what structures and functions we are
defining ourselves to circumvent the shortcomings of signal.h.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7