[parted-devel] porting to FreeBSD

Siavosh Benabbas sbenabas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 07:04:28 CET 2007

Hi,
I have created a new version of the FreeBSD patch.
My cloned git repository is at
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~siavosh/parted-freebsd/
(Unfortunately directory listing is disabled on the server)
I have placed a compressed version of the directory here:
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~siavosh/parted-freebsd.tar.gz
I have applied all the comments, compiled and everything runs fine
here. Two of the issues still remain:
1) There is still one printf in the libparted/arch/freebsd.c file that
is informational, e.g., it is not an exception or anything. What
should I change this to?
2) I have "#ifndef __FreeBSD__"-ed out all the si_code values that are
not present on FreeBSD. As was already said on the list changing this
to one #ifdef per value might be desirable.

I am waiting for more comments specially on my use of
ped_exception_throw, which I guessed.
Regards,
Siavosh