[parted-devel] porting to FreeBSD

Siavosh Benabbas sbenabas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 21:08:56 CET 2007

Hi,
Thanks for your time.
1) I saw your patch after sending mine. I am not sure if it compiles
on FreeBSD as sigaction is defined there but is not used. I will check
this and simplify my patch if possible.
2) No there is no specific reason to use memcpy. The way it is
implemented in FreeBSD memcpy handles overlaps but I totally agree
with your argument. I will change it to memmove.
3) I tried not to change the indentation of existing files. I will
change all the files to the new format. Do you know of any way to hint
emacs to use this style when it opens files in this directory? A
directive in the files perhaps? This would make my life easier as
emacs automatically indents the text you are typing/editing.

Thanks,
Siavosh