[parted-devel] bug in parted 1.8.2 ??? [POINTED OUT]

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Fri Mar 9 12:14:44 CET 2007

LarryT <gparted at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess nobody really care of this problem, which i can understand...

On the contrary!

> Nevertheless i found something new :
> If running GParted live (compiled with parted-1.8.2) from usb drive, it
> *NEVER* crashes !
> And there is no cd in any cd device !
> Is it possible to pass some command in parted so it doesnt scan
> /dev/cdrom or /dev/dvdrom ?
>
> Excuse my naive question, but i am not a dev :-/

That shouldn't be necessary, since just yesterday I fixed two bugs
that would cause parted to crash when probing CD-ROMs.

Here's the first message (there are more, with details and patches):
    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.parted.devel/1278

Here are the two commits:
    http://git.debian.org/?p=parted/parted.git;a=commit;h=4ec984c14a7
    http://git.debian.org/?p=parted/parted.git;a=commit;h=6cc8f33d8e9