[parted-devel] Parted on GNU Hurd based systems

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 01:19:56 CET 2007

> > Do I have the green signal to remove fdasd support from Hurd for the time
> > being, as David suggested? I have checked that this particular problem is
> > solved by doing so?

> Conditionalize the DASD support code (fdasd*, vtoc*) so it's Linux only.
> There will likely never be a need for DASD support on Hurd.

Please find the patch attached.

I have basically checked for the existence of the __s390__ or the
__s390x__ constants. If either of them are found, the DASD support
code (dasd.c fdasd.c vtoc.c) is compiled. I am not sure whether
AC_CHECK_FUNC is the correct way to do it or not? AC_CHECK_DEFINE
(http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ax_check_define.html) seems to have
become obsolete. Should I use AC_CHECK_DECL?

This much is enough to get Parted to compile on Hurd. However should
the DASD headers (fdasd.h and vtoc.h) in include/parted be also
conditionalized? I did not do it, since libparted/arch/linux.c is them
#included.

Comments?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi