[parted-devel] 1.8.3 in the works

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 19:52:46 CET 2007

parted-1.8.3 is in the pipe.  I've pulled in the major changes I want
from edge (including the HFS+ resize patch we got by email...also
committed to edge).  There are some outstanding issues that I am waiting
on:

1) Debarshi: You sent the patch to get parted compiling on Hurd-based
systems and asked if you should also ifdef the header files.  I said yes
for consistency.  Are you doing that or do you want me to just use the
patch you sent?

2) cvs is down at savannah.gnu.org, so I cannot bootstrap a clean tree
right now since that requires checking out gnulib.  Anyone know what's
up with that?

3) MBR syncing on GPT systems came to us via email from Matthew Garrett,
but it's somewhat incomplete.  I'm holding off on this patch and will
work on it in edge and then merge it to 1.8.4 down the road.  Finally
have a GPT-based system that I can carry around (MacBook!) rather than
my Itanium beast.

#1 and #2 are what I'm waiting on now.  Once I can bootstrap the tree,
I'll do the usually file cleanup and get it tagged and tarballs made and
uploaded.  Does anyone have anything from edge that they want to see
merged in to stable?  Bring it up now or I won't know about it.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Westford, MA