[parted-devel] Parted on GNU Hurd based systems

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 00:09:19 CET 2007

> > This much is enough to get Parted to compile on Hurd. However should
> > the DASD headers (fdasd.h and vtoc.h) in include/parted be also
> > conditionalized? I did not do it, since libparted/arch/linux.c is them
> > #included.

libparted/arch/linux.c do not need fdasd.h or vtoc.h, since none of
the components in the headers are being used in linux.c. Just removing
the #includes (on a system without having __s390__ defined) do not
give any build errors, while there is no #ifdef...#endif block to show
that any DASD specific struct or function is being used.

> I would say yes for consistency.

Done. 'git diff' attached. Comments?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi