[parted-devel] autoconf

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 18:19:29 CET 2007

While working on parted-1.8.3, I'm hitting a problem with the configure
script.  After bootstrapping the tree, a plain './configure' run fails
to find libreadline.  I tracked down the problem to an incorrect linker
flag used in the test:

	-Wl,--as-needed

That's added to LDFLAGS early in the configure script run.  Here's the
test line that is printed to the terminal:

	checking for flag to ignore unused libraries... -Wl,--as-needed

How do we disable this test?  I know very little about autoconf and
automake and don't know where to look.  Remove that from the LDFLAGS
lets it compile correctly, but whatever the correct course of action is
for autoconf/automake is what I want to do.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Westford, MA