[parted-devel] gparted fails to compil with parted-1.8.3

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Sat Mar 17 16:05:53 CET 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 14:46 +0100, LarryT wrote:
> hello parted-team
>
> I have a question : when compiling gparted against libparted-1.8.3 i'll
> get the following error:
> > warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 1 of 'PedPartitionFlag
> > ped_partition)flag_next( PedPartitionFlag )
>
> does anyone know why this function has been changed?
> and should this be 'fixed' in libparted or in gparted?
>  (I send this question from Plors (gparted-dev), who is not able to find
> free time those days)
> Thx !

That's a bug in gparted.  ped_partition_flag_next() takes a
PedPartitionFlag, which can be:

enum _PedPartitionFlag {
        PED_PARTITION_BOOT=1,
        PED_PARTITION_ROOT=2,
        PED_PARTITION_SWAP=3,
        PED_PARTITION_HIDDEN=4,
        PED_PARTITION_RAID=5,
        PED_PARTITION_LVM=6,
        PED_PARTITION_LBA=7,
        PED_PARTITION_HPSERVICE=8,
        PED_PARTITION_PALO=9,
        PED_PARTITION_PREP=10,
        PED_PARTITION_MSFT_RESERVED=11
};

Pass one of the following types or 0 for no type.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Westford, MA