[parted-devel] parted with iPod 80GB

Mario Rossi mariofutire at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:15:04 CET 2007

On 3/19/07, David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> wrote:
> I can try.  That will probably help figure out how to read the label.
> I'd prefer a copy of the entire disk, but that might be too large.  If
> you can blank it out, then dd the disk and gzip the image, that would
> work.

I would like to use parted to avoid losing my data... :-)
I cannot blank it now, since my laptop's hard disk has much less space
than music on the iPod...
I will generate ~50MB compressed of the beginning of the disk and put
it somewhere on the web.

I will soon buy an external hard drive (in a few weeks time) and then
I will do what you suggested.

Sorry...

Cheers