[parted-devel] gparted compiled against parted > 1.7.1 is UNABLE to perfrom any move

LarryT gparted at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 13:34:21 CET 2007

Hi all,
Last gparted livecd used parted-1.8.6.
Yesterday I pointed out that GParted wasn't able to perform any move
(NTFS) ! when trying to move it just grows up the partition :-/ The move
is simply omitted !
I have  recompiled gparted reverting back to parted-1.7.1 and moves are
enable again !
(So I need to make a new release reverting back to parted-1.7.1)

Does anyone of you guess what's up ?
What change in parted-1.8.6 could explain this.
I can easily understand that gparted needs some code updates, but what
kind of ?

thx a bunch ;)

--
LarryT, GParted-livecd maintainer