[parted-devel] german translation update

Martin Ereth martin.ereth at arcor.de
Fri May 4 06:30:53 UTC 2007

Jim Meyering wrote:
> Martin Ereth <martin.ereth at arcor.de> wrote:
>> I updated the german transaltion of parted-1.8.2.
>>
>> Please write directly to me (or CC: me) to whom I should snd the file. It seems
>> that it is not possible to send a file directly to the list.
>
> Recently, I proposed a change set that would require translation updates to go
> through the Translation Project. That would let the build scripts pull *.po files
> from the TP site automatically.
>
> Would you please submit your .po file to them and report on how it goes?  I.e., how
> much trouble is it, how quickly do your updated translations make it to the web
> site.
>
> you'll want to contact the German team:
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?team=de

I did that one day after you told me, but the guy responsible for parted didn't put
the po-file into the database of the TP yet. I reminded him several times, but he
always told me that he would do it RSN.

I can go through the file again, if there were some changes. But when I do it and it
won't be used, it will just waste my time.

So what should I do now?

Thanks a lot,
Martin