[parted-devel] german translation update

Martin Ereth martin.ereth at arcor.de
Thu May 3 21:22:51 UTC 2007

Jim Meyering schrieb:
> Martin Ereth <martin.ereth at arcor.de> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I updated the german transaltion of parted-1.8.2.
>>
>> Please write directly to me (or CC: me) to whom I should snd the file. It seems that
>> it is not possible to send a file directly to the list.
>
> Recently, I proposed a change set that would require
> translation updates to go through the Translation Project.
> That would let the build scripts pull *.po files from
> the TP site automatically.
>
> Would you please submit your .po file to them and report
> on how it goes?  I.e., how much trouble is it, how quickly
> do your updated translations make it to the web site.
>
> you'll want to contact the German team:
>   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?team=de

I did that one day after you told me, but the guy responsible for parted didn't put
the po-file into the database of the TP yet. I reminded him several times, but he
always told me "RSN".

I can go through the file again, if there were some changes. But when I do it and it
won't be used, it will just waste my time.

So what should I do now?

Thanks a lot,
Martin