[parted-devel] map gpt partitions to msdos primary entries

Olaf Hering olh at suse.de
Fri May 25 12:07:41 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 14, Olaf Hering wrote:

> One issue remains: the msdos partition types. gpt types can not be
> mapped 1 to 1 to msdos partition types. I added a simple mapping to
> (hopefully) let grub recognize the partition as readable.

How should 'set n boot on' be handled?
The partition type is changed to PARTITION_SYSTEM_GUID. I think that
means a FAT like filesystem is expected by the users of such a partition.

There can be only one primary with the boot flag enabled. This means the
boot files (like /boot/grub/*) have to be copied onto that partition.
Does anyone know if that will cause any issues?