[parted-devel] Need feature: Partition-resizing without touching the fs

Frank-Michael Schulze frank.michael.schulze at fh-zwickau.de
Sun Nov 18 18:47:48 UTC 2007

Hi there,

can you tell me, if there is an opportunity to resize a partition with
parted without touching the filesystem? fdisk and such tools would do
so, but my volume ist greater than 2TB, so I cannot use them. The
problem with touching the filesystem is, that I have a partition, in
which I have a decrypted device using dm-crypt and luks. This
combination is unknown to parted, so it can not resize the partition
(resize in my case = maximize to the new volume-capacity, since I
expanded my raid-array with a new disk. So there is no problem with
data-fits-not-into-new-partition-size).

Regards
Michael

PS: Please leave my mail-adress in CC since I am not subcribed to this list.