[parted-devel] MBR Conversion and Preservation

xerces8 xerces8 at butn.net
Sat Nov 24 13:10:07 UTC 2007

From: Matt Davis <mattdavis9 at gmail.com>

> -Idea 0x01- Convert from one label to another label
> This could be useful, I've never had to do such, and I actually wonder if it
> would be useful to anyone else?

I guess you don't read the list then ;-)

I posted such a RFE a few days ago, subject was "Converting between disk labels ?"
I friend somehow managed to partition the disk with GPT, but his
Windows XP understands only MSDOS, so it would be very helpful to convert it.

Regards,
David

PS:
Oh, LDM suppport would be very nice too

PPS: "Es gibt immer was zu tun" (from some commercial, meaning
"there is always something to do" ;-)