[parted-devel] What should I work on?

Matt Davis mattdavis9 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 03:36:03 UTC 2007

On 10/15/07, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:
> It has been some time since I last contributed to Parted-- mostly due
> to the ongoing Google Summer of Code with Fedora, and related stuff.
> Now that it is over, I have some free time on my hands once again.
>
> What are the areas that you would like me to work on?
>
> Currently I have the following in mind:
>
> - Start working on the C++ bindings once we decide on the coding style
> infrastructure.
>
> - Work on the proposal I had submitted for Parted in Summer of Code,
> which collided with my other proposal for Fedora. Here is the text of
> the proposal: http://rishi.fedorapeople.org/gnu/soc-proposal-parted
> focussing mainly on the FS-related issues and test-cases.

I think I could help you with the vfs development.  What I think would
be useful is to essentially treat each filesystem type, and
corresponding library as a plugin to parted.  This would allow for the
addition and extension for new filesystems relatively easy.  Merely
attach/bind the desired parted function to a set of routines these
outside libraries have.

Just some ideaz

-Matt