[parted-devel] my status

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 21:40:03 UTC 2007

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know I am still here and I haven't vanished.  Two things have taken a vast majority of my time as of late:

1) The upcoming release of RHEL 5.1
2) I am moving

It looks like #1 is more or less finalized at this point, so I can get back to concentrating on new code development.  I've been working on getting things license-compatible with the latest parted in Fedora as well as working on newer Python bindings.  Mostly trial and error/proof-of-concept kind of stuff.  Also lots of patches I need to review for the next stable release (I see lots of mailing list activity).

Regarding #2, I am in the process of moving.  I am moving from the greater metro Boston, Massachusetts, USA area to Hawaii.  Specifically, the island of O'ahu which is synonymous with the City & County of Honolulu.  Long story, but the reason is for family and the need to be closer to them.  I am staying with Red Hat and my work on parted will not change.  Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

I will be leaving Boston near the end of November and will be in Hawaii starting in December.  I will be online throughout the move, but not necessarily regular hours.

What does this mean for me and time zones?  Hawaii is in the Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time zone or HST.  They do not observe summer time, or daylight saving time, there.  I will be 10 hours behind UTC.  Given that I will still be working closely with the Boston Red Hat office, I will probably have some days that I work on Eastern Standard or Eastern Daylight time to align with their schedules (EST or EDT).

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Westford, MA