[parted-devel] GNU fdisk 1.1 released

Leslie P. Polzer sky at viridian-project.de
Fri Dec 12 13:14:01 UTC 2008

I am very happy to announce the release of GNU fdisk 1.1.

GNU fdisk aims to replace various UNIX operating systems' legacy
partitioning tools with libparted-based ones that mimic the
interface of those tools.

Currently implemented alternatives are:

  * util-linux `fdisk'
  * util-linux `cfdisk'

Both versions have a compability mode and a GNU mode
that offers additional features.

Download
========

Gzipped and b2zipped tarballs are available from

  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/fdisk/

and its mirror sites. SHA1 sums may be found there as well.

The web site of GNU fdisk is at:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/

Contributing
============

You can help fdisk by

  * testing and using the existing frontends

  * developing more frontends (e.g. for Mac fdisk or util-linux sfdisk)

I am also looking for a co-maintainer that will eventually
take over maintainance entirely.

  Leslie P. Polzer <polzer at gnu.org>
  GNU fdisk Maintainer

--