[parted-devel] RfD: Do not clobber the BootCode in GPT PMBRs

Michael Renner robe at amd.co.at
Sun Dec 14 23:21:43 UTC 2008

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Michael Renner wrote:
>> I propose to have libparted not clobber the BootCode area in the PMBR
>> when editing GPT labels.
>>

> Indeed!

So... um... how are things run around here? Further discussion needed?
Do you need a patch? Do we need to invoke The Cabal? ;)

As outlined in my Debian Bug report I'd be more than happy if we could
get this in Lenny (or at least bpo, if Lenny shouldn't be feasible),
since I already maintain a few servers were this ought to be a real
problem (tm).