[parted-devel] History patchset

Matt Davis mattdavis9 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 04:02:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Matt Davis <mattdavis9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 06:08:17PM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
>  > "Matt Davis" <mattdavis9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > Jim, et all
>  > > I took another peek.  It should not be too much work to roll this
>  > > history change into parted and out from the library.  Unfortunately
>  > > that would require a global instance of a history manager, as I cannot
>  > > bind a manager pointer in with any other library structures, such as
>  > > the PedDevice which previously contained a pointer to the history
>  > > manager.  I do not want to muck with the command callback routines
>  > > (do_<xxxxx>), so a global singleton seems the most logical.  If that
>  > > is cool I will continue in that direction.  I only want to implement
>  > > this if it will be deemed useful.  I believe it is useful, but I value
>  > > the opinion of yourself and the rest of the parted team over my
>  > > opinion.
>  >
>  > Hi Matt,
>  >
>  > Not quite sure what you're suggesting...
>  > However, adding a global variable is acceptable only if no
>  > library code uses it.
>
>  Ah great, this should be implementable.  I'll try to cook up something soon.

Here is what I cooked up.  I hope I am not bothering anyone with this
history patchset.  This is a non-libparted version.  If I am becoming
annoying, you can flame me personally, off-the-list :-)  Even if this
does not make a parted release, you can still play with it.  If there
are any quirks or adjustments feel free to let me know.

Thanks

-Matt