No subject

Sat Jan 5 10:35:15 UTC 2008

#ifdef WORDS_BIGENDIAN

#define PED_CPU_TO_BE32(x)	(x)
// rest deleted ...

#else /* !WORDS_BIGENDIAN */

#define PED_CPU_TO_LE32(x)	(x)
// rest deleted ...
#endif

So unless __BIG_ENDIAN != WORDS_BIGENDIAN , it is true what I said.

And for Avinash, yes this is right. This makes sure, that the on-disk format
is always the same. So you can take a disk from a little endian system and
put it into a big endian system and it can read the ext3 filesystem right away.
Some file systems have two different formats on the disk. One for LE systems
and one for BE systems. As I said, figure out what is the correct format for UFS,
and then you will have your answer.

Regards,
David