[parted-devel] map gpt partitions to msdos primary entries

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Sat May 3 12:36:53 UTC 2008

Olaf Hering <olh at suse.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007 May 14, Olaf Hering wrote:
>
> Was this patch already applied to parted?
> Or will parted strictly follow the EFI spec and force a "fixed" msdos
> partition table.
>
> Btw, I dont have time to work on this feature anymore.
>
>> This patch adds a new 'set X map_gpt_to_msdos Y' function.
>> Using it will break the EFI spec (I cant verify it because the EFI spec
>> is not free).

Hi Olaf,

Almost a year ago, I requested test case additions (would have
been nice, but not required) and some minor changes to your patch:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.parted.devel/1610/focus=1615
  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.parted.devel/1610/focus=1616

but it looks like you never replied to either message.

If you'd said back then that you were not going to work on it,
I might have made the suggested changes and added tests myself.
But typically, if even the sponsor of a patch is not willing to
help polish it, then it doesn't go far.

It'd be nice if you were to make the gesture of
rebasing and adjusting your patch.