[parted-devel] disk size issue with Parted

kamesh waran sjkameshwaran at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 8 02:02:56 UTC 2008

Hi,
     I'm converting a bunch of disks to a RAID5 and making one big logical disks(/dev/sda). After the conversion to RAID5, I have not rebooted the system and parted reports the size of /dev/sda still very small as it were before RAID5. Is there any way parted understand the newly created size of /dev/sda ?
Tried partprobe, but it reports the below..

partprobe /dev/sda
Error: Error informing the kernel about modifications to partition /dev/sda3 -- Device or resource busy.  This means Linux won't know about any changes you made to /dev/sda3 until you reboot -- so you shouldn't mount it or use it in any way before rebooting.
Warning: The kernel was unable to re-read the partition table on /dev/sda (Device or resource busy).  This means Linux won't know anything about the modifications you made until you reboot.  You should reboot your computer before doing anything with /dev/sda.

Any idea here ?

Regards,
Kamesh