[parted-devel] map gpt partitions to msdos primary entries

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu May 8 16:54:13 UTC 2008

Jim Meyering wrote:
>>> Hi Olaf,
>>>
>>> Almost a year ago, I requested test case additions (would have
>>> been nice, but not required) and some minor changes to your patch:
>>>
>>>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.parted.devel/1610/focus=1615
>>>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.parted.devel/1610/focus=1616
>>>
>>> but it looks like you never replied to either message.
>> As I said, I dont have time nor the hardware to work on this anymore.
>
> That's a shame.
> I hope someone with the required hardware will
> pick up where you left off.

It's not clear to me that much special hardware is required, except
perhaps to actually test the handling of disks > 2 TB.  GPT partition
tables is going to have to be standard even on PC-BIOS, just due to the
fact that disks are going to cross the 2 TB mark soon enough -- hardware
RAIDs already do on a regular basis.

	-hpa