[parted-devel] bug: parted gets partitions wrong

xerces8 xerces8 at butn.net
Tue May 20 14:28:57 UTC 2008

Jim Meyering wrote:

> "xerces8" <xerces8 at butn.net> wrote:
> > Can someone look into this ?
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/parted/+bug/232175
> >
> > I am the reporter. Ask any question.
>
> That was reported against ubuntu's 1.7.1-5...
> Can you reproduce that behavior also using the latest sources?
>
> If so, please post the first 2K bytes of the disk:
> (512 bytes is probably enough, but...)
> I.e., run this, then post the file, /tmp/sdc-2KB:
>
>   dd if=/dev/sdc of=/tmp/sdc-2KB count=4
>
> Do you know what tool/package wrote your partition table?

Sorry, don't.

It is an USB key, created by instructions from a web site.
It has instructions for many popular linux distros, how to put them on a
bootable USB key. I used it to put Ubuntu 7.10 on USB key.
I don't remember the URL, neither the partitioning tool used.
I will post if I remember either.
I will post the sectors soon (when I reboot into linux ... :-(

Regards,
David