[parted-devel] Patch: Be more conservative about modifying the disk

Matthew S. Harris mharris312 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 05:17:12 UTC 2008

I actually wrote this patch back in April 2007 when I was trying to
get Parted to parse EFI GPT labels written by OpenSolaris ZFS.  As you
can tell from the change description, Parted was messing up my
partitions.

- Linux was seeing my partitions as being a different size than
OpenSolaris was, and Parted was a bit too eager to "fix" things.

- Parted was computing the CRC differently than OpenSolaris was
(though I fixed this in another change last year), and again Parted
was a bit too eager to "fix" it.

I haven't touched Parted since then, but I've been wanting to get this
off my plate.

Thanks!

Matthew