[parted-devel] libparted ped_get_version() undefined reference

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 20:08:59 UTC 2009

Recently I have been unable to link to the latest git version of parted
(1.8.8.1.91-b23b).

After some time spent isolating the source of the problem, I have come
up with a small test case.
Following is a sample program that illustrates the problem:

----------  begin test_parted.c  ----------
#include <stdio.h>
#include <parted/parted.h>

int main ()
{
    printf( "Found libparted %s\n", ped_get_version() ) ;
    return 1 ;
}
----------  end test_parted.c  ----------

$ gcc -lparted test_parted.c -o test_parted
/usr/local/lib/libparted.so: undefined reference to `last_component'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
$

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Please note that I have not experienced this problem with older git
versions of parted.

Regards,
Curtis Gedak