[parted-devel] Interface to set partition type

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Fri Dec 4 23:51:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:09:37AM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Håkon Løvdal wrote:

Hi,

Internally, Parted uses the "type" name to refer to another sort of
partition type (enum { primary, extended, etc}) whose semantics are
incompatible with the intended command.

This is reflected in definitions such as command_line_get_part_type()
or PedPartitionType.

Should my patch replace this interface altogether?  Should one of them
be renamed instead?  If so, which one?

--
Robert Millan