[parted-devel] RFC: Define PedSector to be 512 bytes

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Tue Jan 27 10:02:44 UTC 2009

Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:
> If you could, on the above server, please run git update-server-info
> (or rename .git/hooks/post-update.sample so it executes on every push)
> so this can be fetched over http.

You can't use the git:// URI?
What failure do you see when fetching over http?

I see that the hook in question (hooks/post-update) has been executable
for 18 months, and I've just confirmed that the following works for me:

   git clone http://git.debian.org/git/parted/parted.git

> Furthermore, the bootstrap currently fails:
> cmp: gnulib-tests/Makefile.am: No such file or directory
> ./bootstrap: Copying ._bootmp/gnulib-tests/Makefile.am to gnulib-tests/Makefile.am ...
> ./bootstrap: line 590: gnulib-tests/Makefile.am: No such file or directory

Thanks for reporting that.
I've just fixed it: