[parted-devel] Parted Stuff that needs fixing before 1.8.9

Petr Uzel petr.uzel at suse.cz
Wed May 20 10:00:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:28:15AM +0200, Joel Granados wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> In my continuing effort to make 1.8.9 happen I have decided to make a
> summary of what needs to be fixed for 1.8.9.  The idea is for 1.8.9 to
> be released when all these issues have been resolved.  If I miss any
> bugs issues that are important to someone, feel free to scream at me :)

Hi,

what about this one:

- parted does not preserve bootcode in extended partition
http://www.mail-archive.com/parted-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org/msg02139.html

I know the proposed patch isn't ideal,

> When creating new extended partition (not modifying existing one),
> the bootcode is not filled with zeroes and will contain some random
> stuff instead (not sure if this might cause some kind of problems).

but on the other hand, no one seems to be aware of any troubles this
may cause (moreover, parted shipped with SuSE has this patch and is
seems OK).

--
Best regards / s pozdravem

Petr Uzel, Packages maintainer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                          e-mail: puzel at suse.cz
Lihovarská 1060/12                          tel: +420 284 028 964
190 00 Prague 9                             fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                              http://www.suse.cz