[parted-devel] Parted bug fixes, NTFS support and OpenSolaris port

Mark Logan Mark.Logan at Sun.COM
Fri May 8 00:18:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am porting parted to OpenSolaris. I made five groups of changes:

1. I fixed a memory corruption bug in gpt.c. The code was assuming that
the number of partition entries was a multiple of 4.

2. I have a fully debugged and tested version of solaris.c that another
project created for Solaris: http://code.google.com/p/solaris-parted/

3. I have several changes to other files that were necessary to get
parted working on Solaris. Some of these came from Moinak Ghosh.

4. I have several changes to get parted compiled with Sun Studio C
version 12.

5. I implemented check, cp, mkfs and resize for NTFS using the utilities
that are part of ntfsprogs: http://www.linux-ntfs.org/

I would like to contribute these changes back. Are you interested in any
or all of these changes?

Thanks,
Mark