[parted-devel] Correct the "msftres" flag bug in GNU Parted

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Sat Sep 5 17:42:40 UTC 2009

KESHAV P.R. wrote:
> Please correct the "msftres" flag bug in libparted by deleting the
> following code from (parted-source-dir)/libparted/labels/gpt.c :-
>
> if (strncmp (fs_type->name, "fat", 3) == 0
> || strcmp (fs_type->name, "ntfs") == 0) {
> gpt_part_data->type = PARTITION_MSFT_RESERVED_GUID;
> return 1;
> }

Thank you for the suggestion.
Please submit it using the procedure described here:

  http://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/plain/HACKING

That way, if I apply it, you'll already be listed as the "Author",
and we'll be able to use (I hope) the ChangeLog-style log entry
you wrote.  Even better would be to include a test suite addition
to verify the changed behavior and a NEWS entry to document it.