[parted-devel] next to master; making a beta release soon; plans

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Thu Sep 17 17:31:24 UTC 2009

Curtis Gedak wrote:
> Jim Meyering wrote:
>> FYI, here are the UI commands that I'm in the process of removing:
>>
>>   mkpartfs
>>   mkfs
>>   check
>>   cp
>>   move
>>   resize
>>
>> So far, it's looking surprisingly easy.
>>
> The parted code for resizing FAT16/32 file systems has worked very
> well for me.
>
> If parted were to drop this resizing support, is there another tool
> that you would recommend to resize FAT16/32 file systems?

Good point.  I do not know of another tool.
I do see "fatresize", but it relies on libparted.

If there is no alternative program or library,
I may have to leave at least the library API, for precisely this.
Maybe leave also the resize command, but with support only for file
systems of type FAT16/32.

Does gparted use the command-line UI or the library?
If gparted uses the command-line, what do you think
about converting to use the library?

Thanks, Curtis!