[parted-devel] Possible Race Condition using test code, libparted, and Fedora 12

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 16:18:09 UTC 2010

Curtis Gedak wrote:
> Jim Meyering wrote:
>> Curtis Gedak wrote:
>>
>>> This patch is ready for your review.  Perhaps you might consider
>>> including this patch in the parted-2.2 release.
>>>
>> However, would you please write a high-level summary that I can add to
>> the "Bug fixes" section of the NEWS file, since this does indeed solve
>> a problem people have encountered.

Hi Jim,

Following is an improved bug fix description for NEWS.  This version is
less ambiguous in my opinion.  :)

** bug fixes

  libparted: improved ability to inform kernel of partition changes.
  Previously when editing partitions, occasionally the kernel would
  fail to be informed of partition changes.  When this happened future
  problems would occur because the kernel had incorrect information.
  For example, if this problem happened when resizing or creating a
  new partition, then an incorrect partition size might be displayed
  or a user might encounter a failure to format or delete a newly
  created partition respectively.

Regards,
Curtis Gedak