[parted-devel] Possible Race Condition using test code, libparted, and Fedora 12

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 17:04:52 UTC 2010

Curtis Gedak wrote:
> Further confusing the issue is that SysRescCD-1.3.4 does not
> experience the problem, but has a udev version between Fedora 12 and
> GParted-Live-0.5.0-3 which exhibit the problem.

My above statement that SysRescCD-1.3.4 does not experience the problem
appears to be wrong.

Two users have reported in the GParted Forum that they have resized NTFS
file systems and have experienced this problem with System Rescue CD v1.3.4.
http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=13932

Hence it would appear that the problem can occur even with sysresccd-1.3.4.

Regards,
Curtis Gedak