[parted-devel] Progress on file system creation

Dominik Holland dominik.holland at nokia.com
Fri Aug 26 12:05:34 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

i'm using gparted 2.4.

And tried to ped_file_system_create to create a filesystem for my Device.

I used a PedTimer to monitor the progress. But i only get a call on the
PedTimerHandler for one time.
Afterwards it hangs for a few seconds and it ends the creation succesfully ?

When i look at the times (begin, update, predicted_end) then they're all
set to the same time.

Does somebody know how this is supposed to work ?

What i wanted is to display the progress of the filesystem creation in
values between 0 and 1.

thx
  Dominik