[parted-devel] Resize removal

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Tue Dec 6 00:33:28 UTC 2011

On 12/02/2011 04:58 PM, Phillip Susi wrote:
> I removed some unused locals from your patch as well as the special
> treatment of extended partitions, and added the warning when
> shrinking partitions. Would you care to write the commit message?
> Attaching my complete series.

I have renamed your resize command to "resizepart".  This allows it to be back ported to older versions of parted, and helps to avoid mixup with the old command.  I have added a new stub "resize" command to make sure that any old scripts still trying to call it get an error explaining that it was removed instead of accidentally running the new resizepart command.

I still can't figure out why the help command refuses to print the detailed message for the resize stub, in case someone tries to call that.