[parted-devel] HFS and FAT FS-resizing returning soon (but to a separate library)

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Mon Dec 19 15:05:52 UTC 2011

On 12/19/2011 9:56 AM, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Sorry, but no.  I expect to provide the absolute minimum library
> interface required to resize only FAT and HFS file systems.

Why?  I understand wanting to get rid of the code to do the low level
manipulation, but if the utility is going to have the resize command,
why not let it work on ext4, when all you have to do is shell out to the
appropriate utility to handle it?  That seems even less intrusive than
calling on a separate library to resize fat.

Or do you mean to say that the fat resize code is going to its own
library, and parted will not be using that library?