[parted-devel] Resize removal

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Tue Dec 6 17:50:17 UTC 2011

> I think I just came up with one better.  When in batch mode, have the
> resize command throw the error to stop any old scripts.  When
> interactive, just forward to resizepart.

No - people will need retraining as well as scripts.  Any sysadmin
who expects that resize will have fixed the underlying filesystem
will be sadly mistaken.

(And I wish there was a way for parted to fork/exec a filesystem-specific
program or script, actually fixing the filesystem as well as the
partition table, in order to keep providing sysadmins with the same
capabilities they are used to.  The main reason I started using
GNU Parted was because it had this fs-resizing capability, in a
time when no other partition editor could do it.)

	John