[parted-devel] GNU Parted work

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Thu Jun 23 19:42:38 UTC 2011

Mitchell Vogel wrote:
> I am a student in computer science interested in working on the parted utility
> and improving my C. Any good work I could start with?

Hi,
Thanks for your interest.

Note that we don't have a long list of pending tasks in spite of the TODO
file, all of whose contents you should ignore.  I've just noticed that
even the link at the top of TODO merely points to a page that is almost
entirely obsolete, so I'll probably just remove all existing contents
of that file and add a few plausible items.

If you're really motivated to help the project, a good way to contribute
is to follow both this list and bug-parted at gnu.org, build the code from
git-cloned sources (see the README-hacking and HACKING files) and study
it until you start feeling comfortable answering questions and even
fixing the occasional bug.