[parted-devel] Fwd: french translation of parted 3.2.1 man page

Duflot Jean-Luc jl.duflot at laposte.net
Sat Aug 16 09:09:59 UTC 2014

Le 15/08/2014 20:06, Mario Blättermann a écrit :
> Hi Jean-Luc,
>
> Am 15.08.2014 18:11, schrieb Duflot Jean-Luc:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On behalf of Jim Meyering, I send you this translation. Please see his attached
>> message.
>>
>> I hope that this translation is useful and that it can be taken into account in
>> some tranlation package or some website.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jean-luc Duflot
>>
> Nice to see a new man page translator! But please, don't work on a plain text
> file. To simplify keeping your work in sync with current and future English
> versions, you should use a po file. The current po4a stack in parted is broken,
> so I sent some scripts to this list [1] which generate pot templates and
> translated versions, but nobody was willing or able to integrate them into the
> autotools workflow before releasing the current version 3.2. Maybe you have some
> autotools skills and could help out to fix it?
>
> [1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/parted-devel/2014-July/004550.html
>
> Best Regards,
> Mario

Hi Mario,

I do not understand well you answer : this is a man page, so the English
original file is in troff format, then compressed in .gz format. And it
is readable by the command " man parted " in a terminal. That's the case
for all Unix and Linux man pages.

I believe the .po format is used for the translation of the application
itself, that means all is displayed on the screen by a graphical
application.

It is likely I don't know all is about it, so please explain me  a
little bit more what you mean. Unfortunately I am not able to work on
the autotoools you speak about. I am just able te work on text
(translation, documentation).

Best regards,
Jean-Luc