[parted-devel] Current state of man page translations

Mario Blättermann mario.blaettermann at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 19:12:29 UTC 2014

Am Dienstag, 4. Februar 2014, 14:02:57 schrieben Sie:
> On 2/4/2014 1:31 PM, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 2. Januar 2014, 14:34:56 schrieb Mario Blättermann:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've just seen in the Savannah Git repo, there is a Brazilian
> >> Portuguese translation for partprobe.8. But the appropriate file
> >> isn't shipped with the latest parted package. What's the reason?
> >> Does the i18n implementation for man pages not work yet?
> >>
> >> The reason is, recently I've added German translations for
> >> partprobe.8 and parted.8 to the repository of man-pages-de [1].
> >> It is one of the external projects which provide such
> >> translations. Well, probably we ship the appropriate files in the
> >> next release, but it would be better to maintain such
> >> translations within the upstream projects.
> >>
> >> [1]
> >> https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=manpages-de
> >> /m
>
> anpages-de.git;a=commit;h=b3051eb4b0cfcc5a5188c22f2b3ee38f84884223
>
> > Four weeks later. Is anybody out there who could clarify this?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean; what file are you looking at?

I mean the files doc/pt_BR/partprobe.8.pt_BR.po and pt_BR-parted.8. Also I see
some file which lets me assume po4a is implemented. Well, my knowledge about
such things is poor, but obviously someone has done some work to make the man
pages translatable. What is the current state?

Best Regards,
Mario