[parted-devel] Current state of man page translations

Mario Blättermann mario.blaettermann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 13:34:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've just seen in the Savannah Git repo, there is a Brazilian Portuguese
translation for partprobe.8. But the appropriate file isn't shipped with the
latest parted package. What's the reason? Does the i18n implementation for man
pages not work yet?

The reason is, recently I've added German translations for partprobe.8 and
parted.8 to the repository of man-pages-de [1]. It is one of the external
projects which provide such translations. Well, probably we ship the
appropriate files in the next release, but it would be better to maintain such
translations within the upstream projects.

[1] https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=manpages-de/manpages-de.git;a=commit;h=b3051eb4b0cfcc5a5188c22f2b3ee38f84884223

Best Regards,
Mario