[parted-devel] Test Results for parted-3.1.90 in Different Distros

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 16:09:59 UTC 2014

On 14-07-24 07:33 AM, Phillip Susi wrote:
> Did you test with --enable-libparted-dmraid?  IIRC that was an issue
> on the last gparted release due to debian's old parted package.  It
> should work with parted-3.1.90.

My computer with motherboard BIOS RAID does not have Debian installed on
the hard drive.  Hence it is not easy for me to test DMRAID on a
physical computer with specific motherboard hardware for Debian.

My previous Debian testing on my physical computer for
--enable-libparted-dmraid is with a pre-compiled GParted binary on the
GParted Live image booted from CD-RW.

If you can suggest how to do this in a Virtual Machine then I am all ears.

Curtis