[parted-devel] what if interactive in libparted

Wang Dong dongdwdw at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 13 09:13:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

I wonder if I can have an interactive exception in libparted.

As I know, parted is composed of libparted + some front end.

libparted will be compiled into .so file and parted will be compiled
from front end

files, linked with this .so file. (If I missed something, please so kind
let me know.)

Now I want to have an interactive exception in libparted.

But the point is:  the exception messages should be different in script
mode and interactive mode.

Now I have to adjudge the mode status from the input from front end. I
tried for a while but I can

not make it.  I do it as following:

add global function in *parted.c* as well as *parted.in.h* and try to make.

But it fails always. It seems this is not good.

I am not so familiar with framework of parted. Just need your help.

I just want to ask what I have missed. And is  it possible to realize
what I mentioned above.

Or do you have a better idea?

--
Best regards. Wang Dong