[parted-devel] what if interactive in libparted

Wang Dong dongdwdw at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Mar 21 02:25:29 UTC 2017

On 03/17/2017 07:31 PM, Sebastian Parschauer wrote:
> On 13.02.2017 10:13, Wang Dong wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wonder if I can have an interactive exception in libparted.
>>
>> As I know, parted is composed of libparted + some front end.
>>
>> libparted will be compiled into .so file and parted will be compiled
>> from front end
>>
>> files, linked with this .so file. (If I missed something, please so kind
>> let me know.)
>>

>> Now I want to have an interactive exception in libparted.
>>
>> But the point is:  the exception messages should be different in script
>> mode and interactive mode.
>>
>> Now I have to adjudge the mode status from the input from front end. I
>> tried for a while but I can
>>
>> not make it.  I do it as following:
>>
>> add global function in *parted.c* as well as *parted.in.h* and try to make.
>>
>> But it fails always. It seems this is not good.
>>

>> I am not so familiar with framework of parted. Just need your help.
>>
>> I just want to ask what I have missed. And is  it possible to realize
>> what I mentioned above.
>>
>> Or do you have a better idea?
> If you look at parted/parted.c, then you can see that the parted
> executable differentiates between script mode and interactive mode with
> the opt_script_mode variable. Also isatty() can be used to verify.
>
> libparted doesn't and shouldn't know about interactive or not.
>
> Does this help?
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I have read the parted.c as you pointed. The switch here is
*/opt_script_mode.
/*But it is a static one/*, *and /libparted is dynamic lib. /
/*/
/*Actually, I got a scenario in which I need to distinguish the modes and
print different messages to user. But it is disk label related. So it cannot
be implemented in the front end.*/
/*
It is an exception, in which I would like to give a interactive question
in interactive mode
and a message in script mode. Well this looks like a feature in the
front end.

I read the code about the initialization of exception handler.
And all the exception output is redirected to the stderr.
Is there any way to check this, may I ask this?*/

/*

--
Best regards. Wang Dong