[parted-devel] Request for new release

tcl_de at gmx.net tcl_de at gmx.net
Wed Mar 28 15:28:31 UTC 2018

Hello,

I use libparted regularly though GParted. Unfortunately at moment I can
only use the GParted live CD / USB, which includes a patched version of
libparted, since many Linux distros do not include patches preventing
data corruption, in particular e.g.
lib-fs-resize: Fix recognition of FAT file system after resizing
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/parted.git/commit/?id=c0d394abac4d6d2ce35c98585b6ecb33aea48583

In Debian for example there is a bug report requesting to include the
patch (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=840710), but it
has been open since October 2016. This is nothing against Debian, I
guess there are many other distros that have not picked it up either.

To ensure that distros will pick up the fixes developed in the past 3
years in the future, I think the easiest thing would be to have a new
release soon. Can I ask you to prepare one please?

Thank you very much!
tcl