[parted-devel] Moving upstream to GitHub?

M. J. Everitt m.j.everitt at iee.org
Thu May 3 17:15:17 BST 2018

On 03/05/18 16:57, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 11:56:33AM +0200, Sebastian Parschauer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get the feeling that the current upstreaming process doesn't really
>> work. Already acked patches stay uncommitted for long time and new
>> patches stay without a comment.
>>
>> What about moving upstream parted to GitHub so that it is easier found
>> and we can better keep track of current upstream bugs and queued patches
>> in pull requests?
> I'd be happy with that. Everything else I do is on GitHub, and while I
> was originally reluctant to make the switch from email based patch
> review I've gotten used to it. There are other benefits as well, eg.
> automating tests for new PRs (assuming we could get Travis to cooperate
> with the parted test suite).
>
> Sorry about the slow responses from me, things have been very busy
> lately.

Looking forward to the migration. If you want anyone to do some
travis/CI work, I'm helping out with the kernel-CI project over at
Gentoo linux using buildbot currently, and hoping to transfer some arm
stage-building to a similar platform by the end of the year (2018) also,
time permitting!
Regards,

Michael Everitt.