[parted-devel] Atari label false positives

Phillip Susi psusi at ubuntu.com
Fri May 11 16:56:36 BST 2018

On 5/11/2018 11:29 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Thanks for digging this up. I wasn't aware of this particular issue before
> and I agree, this needs to be addressed. I hope that I didn't cause too
> many DOS partitions to be misdetected. Sorry for the inconvenience if I
> did. The Atari partition table code has been working great for
> Debian/m68k so
> far though.

I have seen at least one or two reports of Ubuntu users getting false
positives, and then I saw the bug report on the upstream parted bug
tracker the other day where someone claimed to have found a logical
error that caused atari_probe to return true when it shouldn't.  I
finally realized it was not an error ( at least I think not ).

I think I will at least move atari to be probed after all other labels
have failed.